New Hampshire Bar Association
About the Bar
For Members
For the Public
Legal Links
Online Store
Vendor Directory
NH Bar Foundation
Judicial Branch

A confidential, independent resource for NH lawyers, judges and law students.

Visit the NH Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) website for information about how our trained staff can help you find an attorney who is right for you.
New Hampshire Bar Association
Lawyer Referral Service Law Related Education NHBA CLE NHBA Insurance Agency
Member Login
Member Portal

Status Changes
Info about Status Changes
Commonly Asked Questions
Status Change Form
Resignation Form
Ask a Question


A member of the NH Bar Association may not resign unless a member in good standing (all NHBA dues & Court fees paid; CLE or other NHBA invoices paid; NHMCLE credits up to date; and nothing pending at the NH Supreme Court Attorney Discipline Office).

NHBA Constitution excerpt...
Section 8. A member of the Association in good standing may resign from the Association by filing with the Association written notice of such election, and such person shall thereupon cease to be a member of the Association and the individual's name shall be removed from the membership register. A member who has resigned shall not thereafter engage in the practice of law in this State unless again admitted to the practice of law upon compliance with such rules governing readmission to the Bar (Rule 37(15)) as may from time to time be promulgated by the NH Supreme Court.

Resignation Form

Supreme Court Rule 42(9) requires all NH admitted attorneys to notify the Bar Association of any address change, home or office.

Home | About the Bar | For Members | For the Public | Legal Links | Publications | Online Store
Lawyer Referral Service | Law-Related Education | NHBA•CLE | NHBA Insurance Agency | NHMCLE
Search | Calendar

New Hampshire Bar Association
2 Pillsbury Street, Suite 300, Concord NH 03301
phone: (603) 224-6942 fax: (603) 224-2910
© NH Bar Association Disclaimer