New Hampshire Bar Foundation
The New Hampshire Bar Foundation is a nonprofit, grant-making charitable foundation dedicated to supporting civil legal aid for the disadvantaged and law-related education in New Hampshire and is located, along with the NH Bar Association, at the NH Bar Center, 2 Pillsbury St., Ste. 300, Concord, NH.
NH Bar Center hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm (37.50 hours weekly)
The Associate Executive Director is the liaison between the NHBA, NHBA members and the NHBF Directors. Strong customer service orientation and quick response to member, non-member, grantor, grantee and director requests are a must. Part of the day to day tasks include management of IOLTA funds, funds held with NH Charitable Foundation and other donated and/or awarded funds. The position is responsible for record-keeping, administering fundraising drives, administration of events, grant processing, writing or requesting articles for publication in NH Bar News and/or other publications and overall administrative support of the organization. The Associate Executive Director is expected to be a decision-maker and take charge of the operations of the NHBF on a day to day basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish relationships with NH Bar Association members in order to build long-term donor relationships, legacy giving and volunteerism
- Coordinate with the NHBF Board of Directors Fellows Committee to continue to define the NHBF Fellows, their cause and to continue to expand Fellows membership
- Engage bank representatives to promote the IOLTA (Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts) program and develop positive relationships with existing member banks/credit unions and pursue new banks/credit unions to provide maximum interest return
- Coordinates, as necessary, with the Campaign for Legal Services and facilitate to the extent possible, joint fundraising
- Attends NHBA events as an exhibitor to promote NHBF programs
- Direct and design fundraising campaigns for legal services for the poor, civics programs, justice grants and other drives as determined by the Board of Directors
- Coordinates with the NHBA Marketing and Communications Department to design advertisements, posters, flyers, brochures and other media
- Works with NH Bar News Editor to produce monthly articles and quarterly e-bulletins; writes articles for publication, promoting and informing readers of NH Bar Foundation happenings and offerings.
- Works with NHBA Marketing and Communications Department to ensure that the NH Bar Foundation website content is accurate and current
- Coordinates the details of NH Bar Foundation events, whether virtual or in person
- Processes grant award applications and related correspondence to grantees
- Ensures timely payment of all grant awards; receives and reviews required reporting from grantees
- Prepares, in collaboration with the NHBA Associate Director for Operations, the NHBF fiscal budget
- Administratively supports the NHBF Board of Directors and Committees to include but not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing documentation and reports as requested and developing agendas
- Handles incoming correspondence from grantees, NHBA members, donors and public
- Maintains accurate files and history on all things related to the NH Bar Foundation
- Administers funds held with NH Charitable Foundation
- Maintains accurate pledge and donor records
- Maintains and records accurate IOLTA records
- Receives and processes payments made to NHBF as per NHBF policies and processes
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Concord, NH
Date Added: October 25, 2021
Organization or Department: New Hampshire Bar Foundation (NHBF)
Reports To: New Hampshire Bar Association (NHBA) Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt