New Hampshire Bar Association
About the Bar
For Members
For the Public
Legal Links
Online Store
Vendor Directory
NH Bar Foundation
Judicial Branch

Keep your contact information up-to-date.

Trust your transactions to the only payment solution recommended by over 50 bar associations.
New Hampshire Bar Association
Lawyer Referral Service Law Related Education NHBA CLE NHBA Insurance Agency
Member Login
Member Dashboard

For Members
Commonly Asked Questions & Answers

What types of INACTIVE status are available?

How do I change my status to inactive?
Read the requirement for the status you wish to change to, fill out the status change form and submit it to Member Records Coordinator Susan Lakeway, 2 Pillsbury St., Ste 300, Concord NH 03301. Questions? Call 603-715-3208.

How do I change my status to active?
Contact Member Records Coordinator Susan Lakeway, 603-715-3208.

Are there NHMCLE requirements for members on any of the INACTIVE statuses?
It depends on what time of year you change your NHBA membership status. If you change your status to INACTIVE after March 31st, you still have to meet the requirements of Rule 53 for the reporting year ending on June 30th unless you appeal to the NHMCLE Board. Please refer to Supreme Court Rule 53.2, "Lawyers Subject to Requirement." Any questions should be directed to the Assistant to the NHMCLE Board at the Bar Center (603) 224-6942.

Must I complete the Trust Accounting Compliance form mailed with my dues if I change to any of the INACTIVE statuses?
If you were on ACTIVE status for any portion of the prior fiscal year (June 1 ~ May 31) you must file the TAC form. If you are in doubt or have questions, please call the PCC office at (603) 224-5828.

If I choose any of the INACTIVE statuses, can I still be listed in the NH Law Directory & Daybook?
No. Only Active members are listed.

What do I do when I wish to return to ACTIVE status?
Call the NH Bar Association to find out how much you owe in dues for the one fiscal year in which you are returning to ACTIVE status. If you have paid the INACTIVE dues for that year, you will simply owe the balance. Your status will be changed to ACTIVE the day your ACTIVE dues are paid up in full.

If, after reading this information, you still have unanswered questions regarding a status change, please email or call the Member Records Coordinator at the New Hampshire Bar Center (603) 224-6942.

If you are in doubt about the status of any meeting, please call the Bar Center at 603-224-6942 before you head out.

Home | About the Bar | For Members | For the Public | Legal Links | Publications | Online Store
Lawyer Referral Service | Law-Related Education | NHBA•CLE | NHBA Insurance Agency | NHMCLE
Search | Calendar

New Hampshire Bar Association
2 Pillsbury Street, Suite 300, Concord NH 03301
phone: (603) 224-6942 fax: (603) 224-2910
© NH Bar Association Disclaimer