New Hampshire Bar Association
About the Bar
For Members
For the Public
Legal Links
Online Store
Vendor Directory
NH Bar Foundation
Judicial Branch

Choose NHBA•CLE...Our Success is Your Success.

Visit the NH Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) website for information about how our trained staff can help you find an attorney who is right for you.
New Hampshire Bar Association
Lawyer Referral Service Law Related Education NHBA CLE NHBA Insurance Agency

Member Login
username and password

Grievances Against Judges
File a Complaint With the Judicial Conduct Committee
Complaints must include the following information:

♦ The complaint, called a grievance, must be in writing.
♦ The grievance must be filed within two years of the alleged misconduct.
♦ The grievance must be filed by someone with standing. This means the person complaining must be directly affected by the conduct or present when the conduct occurs.
♦ Grievance must include concise facts, that if true would establish a violation of the Code of Judicial Conduct.
♦ Each grievance has to be sworn above the signature of the person filing the grievance, stating: "I hereby swear or affirm under the pains and penalties of perjury that the information contained in this grievance is true to the best of my knowledge."
♦ Grievances that simply state a litigant is unhappy with a judges decision and why are NOT considered a judicial conduct complaint.

Grievances against judges must be addressed to:

NH Supreme Court Committee on Judicial Conduct
Robert T. Mittelholzer
Executive Secretary
74 Exeter Road
Newmarket, NH 03857

State of NH Judicial Conduct Committee
Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of New Hampshire

NHLAP: A confidential Independent Resource

Home | About the Bar | For Members | For the Public | Legal Links | Publications | Online Store
Lawyer Referral Service | Law-Related Education | NHBA•CLE | NHBA Insurance Agency | NHMCLE
Search | Calendar

New Hampshire Bar Association
2 Pillsbury Street, Suite 300, Concord NH 03301
phone: (603) 224-6942 fax: (603) 224-2910
© NH Bar Association Disclaimer