New Hampshire Bar Association
The NH Bar Association (NHBA) is a statewide professional association that supports members of the legal profession and their service to the public and justice system. The NHBA is a unified bar association, meaning that bar association membership is mandatory for all those licensed to practice law in the State of New Hampshire. In addition to providing an array of services and benefits to its members, the NH Bar Association facilitates open and continuing dialogue among lawyers, the courts and other justice system stakeholders while acting as a resource for all those interested in advancing a just society. NHBA’s Business Operations Department supports all departments and affiliates at the NH Bar Center. The NH Bar Association also works to increase access to justice in New Hampshire through its Lawyer Referral and Law Related Education programs, as well as through its support of NHBA’s charitable arm, the NH Bar Foundation.
The NH Bar Association offers a comfortable working environment with a strong compensation package.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm (37.50 hours weekly)
The Front Desk Administrator greets all visitors to the NH Bar Center whether they are calling in or appearing in person. Visitors include NHBA members, the public, vendors, partners and others. Calls come into the NH Bar Center via its Net2Phone IP phone system which has the latest IP phone technology. This position is also responsible for distributing daily mail, purchasing of office supplies and handles reservations for conference and meeting rooms at the NH Bar Center. Front Desk Administrator assists with mailings or other office-related tasks as time allows.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must operate standard office equipment efficiently to include: multi-line telephone, scanner, computer with printer and photocopy machine
- Answers multi-line telephone system.
- Screens and transfers telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Records and delivers accurate messages when necessary.
- Greets and assists visitors who enter the NH Bar Center
- Processes and routes incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis including a few faxes that may be received
- Assists with receipt and processing of annual member license renewal mail
- Coordinates front desk schedule and coverage, as needed
- Submits requisitions for office supplies as approved by the Associate Executive Director for Operations
- Provides administrative support to NHBA departments and NH Bar Foundation for special projects (stuffing envelopes, folding letters, printing labels)
- Maintains NHBA conference and meeting room calendars and schedule those rooms on behalf of internal and exernal constituents who desire to use the rooms upon their request and room availability.
- Reports conference and meeting room usage monthly to the Associate Executive Director for Operations.
Job Location: Concord