ETHICSearch, a service of the American Bar Association’s Center for Professional Responsibility (CPR), responds to inquiries about situations posing ethical issues. ETHICSearch is a free service for members of the American Bar Association. Non-ABA members may pay an annual fee to access the service. However, you may want to compare these costs as it may be more financially beneficial to join the ABA than to pay this annual fee.
How can ETHICSearch help you?
To begin an ETHICSearch, send an email to email@example.com or call 1-800-285-2221 (option 8) with your ABA membership number or otherwise indicate that you are a paid non-member subscriber.
- The service offers experienced ABA ETHICSearch lawyers,
- It has a national scope, which can also be focused specifically on your jurisdiction.
- Its research lawyers will provide the citations you need to help you fully understand the issues by:
- Citing applicable ABA ethics rules;
- Citing ethics opinions issued by the ABA, as well as state and local bar opinions; and
- Offering other relevant research materials such as case law, law review articles and treatise materials.
- The ABA has assembled a database of materials that enable them to respond quickly and answer many commonly asked questions.