New Hampshire Bar Association
The NH Bar Association (NHBA) is a statewide professional association that supports members of the legal profession and their service to the public and justice system. The NHBA is a unified bar association, meaning that bar association membership is mandatory for all those licensed to practice law in the State of New Hampshire. In addition to providing an array of services and benefits to its members, the NH Bar Association facilitates open and continuing dialogue among lawyers, the courts and other justice system stakeholders while acting as a resource for all those interested in advancing a just society. NHBA’s Business Operations Department supports all departments and affiliates at the NH Bar Center. The NH Bar Association also works to increase access to justice in New Hampshire through its Lawyer Referral and Law Related Education programs, as well as through its support of NHBA’s charitable arm, the NH Bar Foundation.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm (37.50 hours weekly)
The Meetings and Events Coordinator has primary responsibility for facilitating and managing Association-wide meetings and activities including but not limited to Midyear and Annual Meetings. This position also works collaboratively with other New Hampshire Bar Association (NHBA)/New Hampshire Bar Foundation (NHBF) staff in event planning, Including contract negotiation. The position requires periodic coordination with Professional Development Department on CLE programs and events.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Primary responsibility for all aspects of Annual, Midyear and other membership meetings/conferences to include:
- Development and planning of meetings.
- Creation of Request For Proposals (RFP’s), assessment and selection of venues, negotiations of contracts and management of contracts to assure compliance to the end of its term.
- Development and responsibility for event budget.
- Coordination with various event exhibitors and sponsors, as well as NHBA stakeholders who will be participating in each event (CLE, Exec/BOG, MarCom, LRE) to ensure that event needs are identified in a timely manner and that details are provided timely to meet promotional and informational deadlines.
- Works with Advertising and Sponsorship Sales Coordinator to coordinate financial support for meetings (Event Sponsors, Exhibitors, Advertisers, etc.) This includes seeking new opportunities for financial support of events.
- Coordination of speaker travel to include accommodations and transportation.
- Collaborates with the NHBA Marketing, Communication, and Member Outreach Department on all aspects of promotion and marketing of events.
- Primary point of contact for all aspects of the meeting.
- Serves as event planning resource for the NHBA and NHBF, including venue selection, contract review and assessment and event logistics.
- Coordinates the Leadership Academy Program, with the assistance of the Leadership Academy Steering Committee to facilitate successful planning, promotion, and organization of all Leadership Academy activities. Develops and manages the Leadership Academy Program budget. Oversees and updates Leadership Academy webpage.
- Liaison to the Gender Equality Committee. Coordinates monthly committee meetings. Helps assist the committee with coordination and marketing of GEC events including the MYM breakfast. Develops and manages the GEC event budget. Oversees and updates the Gender Equality webpage.
- Co-Liaison to the New Lawyers Committee. Coordinates monthly committee meetings. Helps assist the committee with marketing for new lawyer events including the MYM social. Develops and manages the New Lawyers Committee budget. Oversees and updates New Lawyer Committee webpages and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or proven history of successful event planning
- 5 years of experience in event planning and management
- Attention to detail ,
- Ability to keep multiple projects on task and on time
- Diplomatic, Team Player
- Ability to recognize and work independently within the scope of the job
- Ability to lead and guide volunteers and staff who support the events
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Location: Concord, NH
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt