Active, qualified members may submit a petition for one of the following positions for which nominations are open:
- Vice President
- Governor at Large (one vacancy, three-year term)
- Out-of-State Governor (remaining 2 years of a three-year term) – must currently have their primary office located in a state outside of New Hampshire
- County Governors (two-year terms) representing:
- Sullivan (remaining year of a two year term)
- Association Young Lawyer delegate to the American Bar Association House of Delegates (two-year term) note: that “such delegate was admitted to his or her first bar within the past five years or is less than 36 years old at the beginning of his or her term.”
Submitting a Petition
No fewer than 10 active member signatures are required for a nomination petition for a governor representing a county; no fewer than 25 active member signatures are required for an officer, governor at large, public sector, out-of-state governor and Association ABA Delegate. Bar members may sign only one petition for a county position on the Board representing the county where the signer’s principal office is located. Please note – Bar members signing the petition for out-of-state governor must have their principal office located out-of-state.
Petitions for nominations to the NHBA Board of Governors will be accepted no later than March 1, 2019.
Online ballots will be accepted from April 1 to until April 15, 2019. Paper ballots can be mailed to eligible Bar members without an email address, or to those requesting one. Those eligible to vote are active-status members (dues fully paid).