Bar News - June 9, 2006
Make a Difference with LEAVE A LEGACY
By: Timothy W. Caldwell
LEAVE A LEGACY® is a nationwide public awareness campaign conducted and coordinated by the National Committee on Planned Giving and sponsored by local planned-giving councils. Each program is a partnership of:
- Charitable organizations: social service, the arts, churches, museums, hospitals and educational institutions;
- Allied professionals: investment advisors, accountants, attorneys and trust companies, who assist donors with planning;
- Corporations: promoters of the message that all people have the ability to “make a difference” by leaving a charitable legacy.
The local program is LEAVE A LEGACY®NH/VT and is sponsored by the Upper Valley Planned Giving Council. The program is presently seeking partners and supporting partners. Charities can become partners for $100 and allied professionals for $250. In the fall, the program publishes a 16-page four-color magazine spotlighting sponsors. They will receive the following:
- Prominent listing in the magazine; to date, more than 160,000 copies have been distributed throughout New Hampshire and Vermont and beyond;
- Prominent listing on the LEAVE A LEGACY®NH/VT Web site for 12 months, including a hotlink to your organization’s Web site;
- Use of the LEAVE A LEGACY® logo and other promotional materials with the sponsor’s marketing materials for 12 months;
- Positive exposure for your organization as a sponsor of charitable legacy giving in New Hampshire and Vermont.
Supporting partners fall into the following categories, with all sponsors receiving appropriate recognition by print size on all LEAVE A LEGACY®NH/VT printed materials and on the Web site: Gold Sponsor ($5,000); Silver Sponsor ($2,500) and Bronze Sponsor ($1,000).
Timothy W. Caldwell concentrates his practice in estate planning and administration in Lebanon, NH. If you would like more information about LEAVE A LEGACY®NH/VT, please visit the Web site at www.leavealegacynhvt.org or call him at 603-643-7577.