Bar News - August 11, 2006
Ideas on Management – Free
The ABA’ Law Practice Management Section publishes Law Practice Today, a monthly e-newsletter that is information-packed yet readable. Each issue features articles and tips on law practice management topics of interest to all practitioners, including solos and those in small firms. The July issue featured articles on:
- Solos’ relationships with bankers
- Why your “don’t do” list is more important than the “to do” list.
- Ideas on overcoming e-mail overload
- Wireless “insecurity”
- Mentoring new generations of lawyers
- Issue analysis memos- how to educate your team and build consensus
- Post-matter client services surveys
- Selecting the office space that’s right for you
- What you need to know about VoIP
- The trap of piling up billable hours
You do not have to be an ABA member to subscribe. Sign up for the free Law Practice Today newsletter by visiting http://www.abanet.org/lpm/lpt/home.shtml.