Bar News - January 18, 2008
New Version of Casemaker Arrives
The new look has the same functionality of the original, with some enhanced features:
- Direct link to NH library. You will have immediate access to the New Hampshire library upon logging in. To reach the entire list of state and federal libraries, click on the Casemaker logo in the top left corner of the Casemaker library page.
- Save a step. Use the enter key on your keyboard to conduct a search. (Previously, users had to move the cursor to the search button to execute a search operation.)
- More search options. Search only one state library, or search all of the libraries by selecting “Nationwide Collections” Or pick and choose libraries, using the “Multi-State Searches” option.
- 50-state coverage! Caselaw is available for all 50 states; federal library has circuit caselaw back to at least 1950 in all circuits. Statutes for all 50 states are being added later this year.
- More federal materials. Bankruptcy Reporter Advance Sheets and the Federal Supp. have been added.
- Browse mode for statutes, codes. Click on titles and the Browse feature will provide links to determine what portion of the law or statute to read. Users can use both browse and search modes to find what they are looking for.
- Casecheck. The casecheck feature allows users to instantly determine the treatment of the case in question by a later court. Click on casecheck link and a user is taken directly to the portion of the later decision where the selected case is cited. Casecheck is always visible on the right-hand side of the screen when viewing case law in Casemaker.
- SuperCODE. When accessing a statute or code that has been affected by legislation, a SuperCODE link, visible on the right side of the page, will appear that will direct the user to the revelant portion of the legislation.
Both SuperCODE and casecheck are enhancements to Casemaker added subsequent to the NHBA’s initial launch of Casemaker in Dec. 2002.
For those of you who have used Casemaker before, click on the revised Casemaker User Guide to get acquainted with the new features of Casemaker 2.0.
Have you never logged in?
For the uninitiated, the Casemaker New Hampshire Web Library is available exclusively in the For Members area of the NHBA Web site. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your user name and password. Also available in For Members is the Member Directory and an array of member services and benefits, including ever-growing areas devoted to Law Practice Management Tools and Law Practice Tips & Resources.