Bar News - August 14, 2009
Rainmaking for Women Lawyers Programs from the NH Womens Bar
The NH Womens Bar Association, starting this fall, will be offering a five-part program series Rainmaking for Women Lawyers which will teach women attorneys a wide range of skills, from foundational skill development to building a client base.
The courses are a progression beginning with self-assessment and planning tools, which lead up to a final course where participants will learn useful skills for successfully navigating a real live networking event. Courses, which will be hosted by Devine, Millimet & Branch in Manchester from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., begin on Monday, September 14 and run bi-weekly through Thursday, November 12.
- September 14 Building Your Personal Brand Deb Titus of Dale Carnegie-NH, teaches attendees to own leadership roles, present an executive image, communicate with confidence and more.
- September 30 Developing Your Business Linda Monica of Monica & Associates, P.C., teaches the basics of marketing your practice by building your niche, developing strategic networks and prioritizing development efforts.
- October 13 Cultivating Clients Arthur Greene focuses his session on developing and nurturing client relationships.
- October 28 The Art of Networking Cathy Cram of Peak Performance of NE, teaches you how to silence the inner critic, how to reframe internal barriers, set boundaries and build bridges.
- November 12 Legal Mocktail The Legal Mocktail is the culmination of the series and consists of a training exercise that teaches lawyers the basics and nuances of networking. Catherine Altman MacDonagh will guide the process.
Register for individual workshops or the five-course series by e-mailing Jill Desrochers at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for NHWBA members is $15 per workshop or $75 for the series. For non-members, the cost is $30 per workshop or $150 for the series. The registration deadline is Thursday, September 10.