Bar News - September 17, 2010
Visited Casemaker Lately?
Casemaker, if you donít know already, is a FREE NHBA member benefit providing a full-featured online legal research service covering caselaw and statutes for all 50 states with an ample federal law library. The NH Bar is one of 28 states offering Casemaker to its members.
Use your member log-in and password when you click on the Casemaker logo in the upper right corner of the www.nhbar.org home page (also found on any page of the site). This takes you to the For Members page where you choose the Casemaker Web Library. Then click on ACCEPT TERMS to go to the NH library page of Casemaker.
5 Recent Improvements to Casemaker
1. Search across libraries. Mix-and-match the libraries you want to search, and thereís an improved thesaurus function which searches not only the terms users choose but similar terms as well. Click on Multi-book search or, on the State Library page, click on Multi-state search and check off those states you want to include.
2. Speedier searches. Added processors recently increased the speed of retrieval. If you have noticed an improvement or have suggestions, please tell us! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Casemaker on a mobile format. Your smart phone device will remember your primary jurisdiction after your first search. All of Casemaker is available through this mobile app that works with virtually any smart phone. To access the Casemaker Mobile website, open your mobile browser, navigate to mobile.lawriter.net and click the Not Registered? Sign Up Here link to register as a new user for the mobile site.
4. More federal materials. Immigration appeals, military law, IRS tax court are among the special-interest areas added in recent years to the federal law library.
5. Better labeling for NH RSAs. State statutes can be browsed by section number and name, or keyword searched.
Please contact the Casemaker helpdesk at email@example.com or call 877-659-0801.