Bar News - June 17, 2015
NHMCLE: Ten Steps to Compliance
Supreme Court Rule 53 & NH Minimum Continuing Legal Education Deadline: June 30
1. Visit the NHMCLE web page; the central hub for Rule 53, number of credits, notices, resources and details on using the new attorney self-reporting, self-monitoring online Attorney Reporting Tool (ART).
2. ART is paperless. It replaces past paper interim and final credit reports. Members need to activate an ART account to view their credit status (in minutes).
3. View the three short videos that teach you how to activate an ART account, read the “My Record” page, and enter a new CLE. Prepare the computer’s browser for optimal performance.
4. Activate the attorney ART account. There is a link on the NHMCLE web page.
5. Login to the ART account and review the official record for 2015 NHMCLE on the “My Record” page.
6. Check the totals at the bottom of “My Record” page: Total minutes (ethics plus non-ethics) must be at least 720 minutes; ethics must be at least 120 minutes. Live must be at least 360 minutes. If all three categories meet or exceed the minimums, the June 30, 2015, requirements are met.
7. If the three categories of totals at the bottom of “My Record” page are less than the minimums required, more CLE courses must be attended. Sign up, attend and enter CLEs.
8. As of July 1, 2014, members must evaluate whether courses meet Rule 53 requirements. If qualified, the courses must be entered into the ART account. Members must self-enter qualified non-NH Bar courses into activated ART accounts. NH Bar courses will be entered by the NHBA CLE Department within 30 days of the course date.
9. After June 30, 2015, members must attest to the accuracy and qualifications of their ART account entries. The ART “Affidavit of Compliance” can be submitted online. Payment of the $10 annual NHMCLE fee will also be payable online.
10. Need more details? Visit the NHMCLE web page; review the April and May editions of the Bar News and the weekly eBulletins. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book, and watch for more NHMCLE news and ART notices.