Bar News - October 21, 2015
NH Bar Foundation: Justice Grants Deadline Extended
The NH Bar Foundation has extended the deadline for Justice Grants applications to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20.
Justice Grants are awarded from endowed funds to support projects that encourage innovation in the administration of justice, provide community education about the law, and improve access to the legal system.
The amount to be granted will be determined after Jan. 1, 2016, based on the interest earned on donor-created Justice Funds, which are managed by the NH Charitable Foundation.
Justice Grant applications will be accepted from New Hampshire nonprofit organizations and/or programs that:
- Envision new ways to create equal justice for all people
- Develop concrete innovations in the delivery of legal services, court operations, legal education or in other justice-related areas
- Address legal needs or projects that are important in a democratic society but that may go against public or political sentiment
- Bring together diverse resources and people to find solutions to justice-related problems
- Build public confidence in the justice system
Justice Grants are usually available for start-up costs, planning and research, or for funding to help stabilize new programs, but not for ongoing operational support. Funding must be used prior to Dec. 31, 2016.
Applications and other information about the Justice Grants program is available by consulting the “Grant Programs” and “Justice Grants” pages on the NH Bar Foundation website, or by contacting Lisha Brosseau, (603)715-3210.