The NH Bar Association serves 3 constituencies:
- The legal community
- The court system
- The public at large
The New Hampshire Bar Association serves the legal community by:
- Providing resources and tools that assist attorneys in their work and in growing their practices. These include Lawyer Referral Service panel opportunities, annual licensure renewal support, and free subscriptions to Fastcase. Learn more about our member services here.
- Providing attorneys with opportunities to serve through programs such as the NHBA Lawyer Referral Service Modest Means Program, NH Free Legal Answers, Lawline, and Bar Board and committee participation.
- Helping attorneys stay educated and connected through Continuing Legal Education (CLE) offerings, NHBA Leadership Academy, Sections membership, and networking opportunities.
The New Hampshire Bar Association serves the court system by:
- Administering NH Supreme Court Rule 53, NH Continuing Legal Education and Court Rule 55, the Public Protection Fund.
- Administration of Annual Attorney Licensure Renewal Requirements to include notices and support of attorneys practicing in NH regarding their annual renewal obligations, invoicing and payment processing of NH Supreme Court fees, administration and collection of Trust Account Compliance/IOLTA forms and collection of attorney CLE credits and attorney filing of the NHMCLE Affidavit via the Attorney Reporting Tool (ART).
- Fostering communication between the courts and the legal community through NH Bar News and other communication means.
The New Hampshire Bar Association serves the public through:
- Providing legal referrals through the NHBA Lawyer Referral Service Modest Means P and the NH Free Legal Answers programs.
- Creating and providing a variety of Law Related Education resources to grades K-12 .
- Assisting the public in understanding their role in the legal system and directing them to a variety of online legal resources.
- Supporting civil legal services and civics education through our philanthropic arm: The New Hampshire Bar Foundation.
The New Hampshire Bar Association (NHBA) is a non-profit 501(c)(6), court-mandated organization. As a unified bar, all attorneys licensed to practice in the state and NH judges must belong to the NHBA and pay annual dues.