A Lawyer & Judge in Every School – 2020
This event pairs attorneys and judges with classrooms throughout the state to discuss concepts of law, rights and responsibilities of citizenship, and additional legal issues consistent with student interest and the course curriculum. For Law Day 2020, the NHBA LRE program encourages attorney presenters to bring one of the following topics, or a topic of your choice, to classrooms across the state.
Your Vote, Your Voice, Our Democracy: The 19th Amendment at 100
In 2019-2020, the United States is commemorating the centennial of the transformative constitutional amendment that guaranteed the right of citizens to vote would not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state on account of sex. American women fought for, and won, the vote through their voice and action. The women’s suffrage movement forever changed America, expanding representative democracy and inspiring other popular movements for constitutional change and reform. Yet, honest reflection on the suffrage movement reveals complexity and tensions over race and class that remain part of the ongoing story of the Nineteenth Amendment and its legacies.
The Law Day 2020 theme urges all of us to explore these legacies while also encouraging citizens to exercise their rights and responsibilities as voters.
Your Vote, Your Voice, Our Democracy
This Year’s Lesson Plans Coming
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
Elementary School Lesson Plans
- The US Constitution & the Equal Protection Clause
- A Dog’s Day
- Spilled Coffee
- Candy Bar Contracts
- No Vehicles in the Park
- Rules, Rules, Rules: The Eraser Game
- Census – The Constitutional Count
- Inside a Courtroom
- The Role of a Lawyer
- Curriculum Guide: Junior Judges: Helping Kids Make Smart Choices For a copy of the video, please contact us.
Middle & High School Lesson Plans
- Take a Stand. Lend a Hand. Stop Bullying!
- Negotiation for Middle School Students
- Just the Facts – What are the steps in a trial?
- NH Consumer Protection Sourcebook
- No Illegal Downloading
- The Court System
- What is a Felony?
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training in Schools
- Search and Seizure
- What is Truth?
- The Rule of Law in Times of Crisis
- Glossary of Legal Terms
- The Story of House Bill 903
- The Three Branches of Government
- The Cost of Credit
Law Day Court Orders & Presidential Proclamations
***Please check back for 2019 declarations.***