A Lawyer & Judge in Every School – 2018
This event pairs attorneys and judges with classrooms throughout the state to discuss concepts of law, rights and responsibilities of citizenship, and additional legal issues consistent with student interest and the course curriculum. For Law Day 2018, the NHBA LRE program encourages attorney presenters to bring one of the following topics, or a topic of your choice, to classrooms across the state.
Separation of Powers:
Framework for Freedom
The U.S. Constitution sets out a system of government with distinct and independent branches—Congress, the Presidency, and a Supreme Court. It also defines legislative, executive, and judicial powers and outlines how they interact. These three separate branches share power, and each branch serves as a check on the power of the others. The 2018 ABA Law Day theme enables us to reflect on the separation of powers as fundamental to our constitutional purpose and to consider how our governmental system is working.
When Love Hurts
When Love Hurts educates students about dating violence and helps them identify dating violence in their relationships. The focus of the program is to educate the students about their legal rights in obtaining civil restraining orders if they are the subject of dating violence. The program is also designed to discourage dating violence by educating the students about the potential ramifications of committing dating violence. Learn more.
Elementary School Lesson Plans
- The US Constitution & the Equal Protection Clause
- A Guide to NH Courts
- A Dog’s Day
- Spilled Coffee
- Candy Bar Contracts
- No Vehicles in the Park
- Rules, Rules, Rules: The Eraser Game
- Census – The Constitutional Count
- Inside a Courtroom
- The Role of a Lawyer
- Curriculum Guide: Junior Judges: Helping Kids Make Smart Choices For a copy of the video, please contact us.
Middle & High School Lesson Plans
- Take a Stand. Lend a Hand. Stop Bullying!
- Negotiation for Middle School Students
- Just the Facts – What are the steps in a trial?
- NH Consumer Protection Sourcebook
- No Illegal Downloading
- The Court System
- What is a Felony?
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training in Schools
- Search and Seizure
- What is Truth?
- A Guide to NH Courts
- The Rule of Law in Times of Crisis
- Glossary of Legal Terms
- The Story of House Bill 903
- The Three Branches of Government
- The Cost of Credit
Law Day Court Orders & Presidential Proclamations
***Please check back for 2018 declarations.***