Law-Related Education Expands Opportunities for Civics Education
An AMAZING Project Citizen Training took place in NH, with Key Note Speaker, Maria Gallo from the Center for Civic Education and Laura Dwyer, NH/ME and Maureen McGuirl as mentors. Twenty dedicated teachers took part in a two-day training to learn about Public Policy while being trained with ‘hands on’ teaching methods. The event culminated in “Mock Legislative” Hearings before Foundation Fellows, Atty. Jack Crisp, Atty. John Tobin and Atty. Steve Scudder, as well as Nina Gardner and Ellen Soucy, Justice Grants Committee/Foundation Board Members. Thank you to all who participated!
Participants shared many positive comments including:
• I will take this curriculum back to my classroom.
• This was a wonderful experience. Now we know what our students will go through.
• Excellent workshop.
• I thought it was great and would definitely recommend it to colleagues in my district.
• Collaboration was excellent.
• Practicing and presenting felt so empowering! It was fun.
• This was one of the best I’ve been to. I felt very supported and liked being the learner.