File a Report of Alleged Misconduct Against a Judge with the Judicial Conduct Committee

Complaints must include the following information:

♦ The complaint, called a Report of Alleged Misconduct, must be in writing.
♦ The Report of Alleged Misconduct must be filed within two years of the alleged misconduct.
♦ The Report of Alleged Misconduct must be filed by someone with standing. This means the person complaining must be directly affected by the conduct or present when the conduct occurs.
♦ Report of Alleged Misconduct must include concise facts, that if true would establish a violation of the Code of Judicial Conduct.
♦ Each Report of Alleged Misconduct has to be sworn above the signature of the person filing the grievance, stating: “I hereby swear or affirm under the pains and penalties of perjury that the information contained in this grievance is true to the best of my knowledge.”
♦ Report of Alleged Misconduct that simply state a litigant is unhappy with a judges decision and why are NOT considered a judicial conduct complaint.

Report of Alleged Misconduct against judges must be addressed to:

NH Supreme Court Committee on Judicial Conduct
Robert T. Mittelholzer
Executive Secretary
132 Chapel Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: 603-427-9295
Fax: (603) 427-9297

State of NH Judicial Conduct Committee
Rules of the Supreme Court of the State of New Hampshire