The NH Bar Association supports members of the legal profession and their service to the public and the justice system. The NHBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Communications, Marketing & Member Outreach
The NH Bar Association (NHBA) is a statewide professional association that supports members of the legal profession and their service to the public and justice system. The NHBA is a unified bar association, meaning that bar association membership is mandatory for all those licensed to practice law in the State of New Hampshire. In addition to providing an array of services and benefits to its members, the NH Bar Association facilitates open and continuing dialogue among lawyers, the courts and other justice system stakeholders while acting as a resource for all those interested in advancing a just society.
The NH Bar Association also works to increase access to justice in New Hampshire through its Lawyer Referral and Law Related Education programs as well as through its support of the NH Pro Bono Referral System, which matches qualified unrepresented parties with volunteer lawyers in a variety of cases, and NHBA’s charitable arm, the NH Bar Foundation.
The Director of Communications, Marketing & Member Outreach is responsible for promoting the NH Bar Association (NHBA) and its affiliates’ missions, products and services via NH Bar News, websites, press releases, mailers and social media. The position is also responsible for developing and implementing a strategic communications plan, delivery of the monthly newspaper and providing marketing support for all programs and affiliates. The Director supervises five staff responsible for internal and external communications, marketing, publications, website and member services and is charged as an integral member of the NHBA Management Team with establishing collaborative working relationships with staff, members, partners and volunteers. The position requires a professional with strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a leader who is organized, motivated and who promotes teamwork.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years management experience in marketing and communications or related field.
- Coaches, guides and directs the work of the Marketing & Communications (MARCOM) staff
- Responsible for development and management of MARCOM budget
- Develops and manages NH Bar Association’s strategic communications plan, assuring all communications from the organization adhere to the communication plan and reinforces one voice/brand
- Measures and evaluates organizational-wide, individual department and program communication goals and collaborates with staff to assist with meeting such goals
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues in the legal community and collaborates with leadership, staff and community to execute communication strategies and member services to support the membership regarding such issues
- Develops, monitors and evaluates communication strategies, materials and programs to promote programs, services and activities to membership, legal community and the public
- Oversees the work of the Member Services and Law Practice Management Coordinator and, in coordination, builds relationships with vendor partners supplying services to NHBA members
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, members, volunteers, courts, media, legislative groups, providers and consumers of legal assistance and the public
- Coordinates public relations communication in coordination with the Executive Director and Board of Governors
- Serves as spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions in cooperation with the Executive Director
- Responsible for NHBA’s Crisis Communication Plan and Policy
- Responds to member and public inquiries
- Positive attitude and forward thinker
- Exceptional time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Promotes collaboration, respect, professionalism and trust
- Must be an excellent listener
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com on or before Friday, March 25, 2020 for consideration.