Summer Teacher Training for Project Citizen
University of Massachusetts in Boston
August 2, 2020 through August 6, 2020
There will be 36 hours of professional development through this program. As part of the training, you will be taught by teacher practitioners, and receive excellent resources. The resources will include lessons, videos and supplemental materials.
Please consider the benefits and responsibilities of PCRP.
- High quality professional development at no cost
- A stipend of $400.00 for the entire program
- A classroom set of Project Citizen texts
- Very usable classroom resources to include: texts, lessons, access to videos
- Any transportation costs associated with program activities will be paid
- Free food and lodging at UMASS Boston
- Guidance of a JMLP Mentor
- There will be a free Fall follow-up training at a time/venue TBD. You will be reimbursed for travel with free food and lodging.
- Everyone will engage in on-line conferencing (video, email, teleconference, etc.)
- Attend and participate in all training sessions
- Teach the Project Citizen Program
- Engage students in developing a Project Citizen portfolio (this will be addressed at the training sessions)
- Engage in the research aspect of the program by pre/post testing yourself and your students
If you are interested in participating in PCRP, please complete the attached Teacher Agreement and e-mail or fax to me.
Please share this memo with your colleagues.
Application Selection: There will be a panel made up Northeast Project Citizen State Coordinators who will review applications. Among the guidelines for acceptance are:
- be a High School or Middle School teacher
- have the ability to implement the PCRP design and use Project Citizen texts
- be a teacher from a high needs’ school/district or a teacher of Special populations
- proportion applicants geographically
Time lines: Applications will close on May 11th and everyone will be notified by May 18th, 2020.
Michael Trofi, Site Coodinator
John F. Deering Middle School
2 Webster Knight Drive
West Warwick RI 02893
Project Citizen Teacher Training