How to Register
Registrations are accepted by:
Online: CLE Catalog
Mail: Payments by mail are only excepted for In-Person Seminars and DVDs. All Online Seminars and Live Webcasts must be registered for online.
In-Person: Same day registration on a first-come, first-served basis is available. An additional fee of $15 will be added to the original course registration fee.
Members of the NH Bar Association may also request to have their law firms billed. We cannot invoice for professional speaker programs.
Advance Registration / Confirmation
Advanced registration is strongly recommended. Walk in seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, with an additional $15 fee added to the program tuition. Fees are listed with each program description. E-mail confirmations/ reminders are sent out a few days before the seminar date.
Written Materials / DVD Packages
DVD’s of NHBA CLE seminars are available for purchase by bar members. A course handbook is included: all items are shipped after the seminar.
DVD courses will be reported directly to the NHMCLE Attorney Reporting Tool.
Online Seminar Sessions
Online Seminars are CLE programs that were in-person seminars, recorded and archived for viewing online. Users have access to their online seminar purchase for 90 days, unless stated otherwise. Many qualify for live NHMCLE credit; however, some are condensed. Condensed versions may carry fewer credit minutes than the original live program presentation.
Tuition discounts are offered to lawyers in practice less than three years, paralegal and non-lawyer office personnel, and full time students. Fees are listed with individual program descriptions. NHBA members who are also member of the CLE Club enjoy additional discounts.
Tax Deduction of Expenses
Expenses for professional development including course fee, travel, meals and lodging may be tax deductible. Please check with your tax professional.
Cancellations received in writing by 5 p.m., three business days before a seminar commences will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee (unless otherwise noted).
There will be no refunds after that date for “no shows” the day of the program. Program materials will be shipped after the program or a substitute may attend for someone unable to do so. If a no-show wishes to get credit he/she may purchase the DVD for an additional $50. Registration fees are transferable only to a colleague from your law firm in the same registration category (CLE Club, new lawyer, etc.)
Cancellation fees for programs with national speakers and/or programs held outside the Bar Center are different and are noted in the advertisements for those programs.
NHMCLE Credit ( NH Supreme Court Rule 53)
All NHBA CLE programs with credit minutes will be automatically reported within 30 days to the NHMCLE Attorney Reporting Tool. Whenever feasible, NHBA CLE programs include an ethical and/or professional component. Attendees at NHBA CLE programs will receive a “record of attendance” to facilitate individual record keeping under Rule 53.
COVID Protocol for In-Person CLEs / Section Meetings / Events
The NHBA Board of Governors has approved the option of a return to in-person CLE courses and Section meetings and events, starting May 1, 2022, with the following protocol in effect.
- Participants are required to make proper use of face masks/coverings at all times while on-site at NHBA CLEs and Sections events and meetings;
- Participants are required to engage in physical distancing as recommended by the CDC with six feet between participants;
- In-person registration is capped at thirty people when on-site at the NH Bar Center due to the lower-level seminar room capacity (but note that a live webcast option is generally available);
- For CLE and Sections events to take place at other venues, registration limits, physical distancing, food consumption, and face covering use are to be consistent with the protocols listed herein;
- Beverages must be consumed at one’s seat, with facemask removal only while actively consuming food or beverage;
- Food service is limited to boxed, prepared meals or snacks, to be consumed at one’s seat;
- In registering for and attending an NHBA-sponsored CLE or a Section meeting or event, participants agree to the NHBA COVID-19 safety acknowledgement and liability waiver and release of claims for CLE and Sections in-person events.
*Protocol subject to revision by the NHBA Board of Governors based on changing public health conditions, CDC guidance, and state and local regulations. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify registrants of changes to protocol in advance of an event.